Your General Questions Answered

A. No, legal represenation is never required. However, having competent legal representation will help you avoid major pitfalls and mistakes that may cause you delays and problems in the process. An experienced attorney can also help you plan and prepare your case so that you will have a greater likelihood of success.

Green card is the common name for the document that evidences that a person ia permanent resident of the United States. It is not actually green in color but is a card with the individual's photograph and identifying information. This document is primary evidence that an individual is authorized to permanently reside and work in the United States. The card is also called an I-551.

A. Yes, if your green card was issued before you reached age 14.

Yes. The law requires that all non-U.S. citizens in the United States, (except for those on A or G visas) report any change of address within 10 days of moving by completing a USCIS Form AR-11.

No. The Visa Waiver Program allows nationals from certain countries to come to the United States for a period of 90 days or less without a visa. If you are admitted with a visa waiver, you may not change or extend your non-immigrant status. You will need to return to your home country to obtain a new student visa and then re-enter.